Cosmetic surgery is usually deployed to bring a change and improve the appearance of a person. There are several procedures available, which can bring about a change in your body or face, which in turn increases your self-esteem, as it improves the way you look.
Cosmetic surgery can be done on most parts of your body and face; types of cosmetic surgery include the following,
- Cheek Lift-A cheek lift surgery tackles the earliest signs of aging and helps resurrect and uplift the cheek to restore youthfulness.
- Botox- It is a drug which removes wrinkles by paralyzing muscles commonly in the forehead, crows feet etc
- Chemical Peel-This procedure helps improve the appearance of skin by the application of certain chemicals and drugs.
- Microdermabrasion-This is a treatment which removes the superficial layers of the skin with an abrasive tool – giving the polishing effect to skin – ideal to get rid of tan after a holiday.
- Chin Surgery-Also known as mentoplasty, this involves reshaping the skin around the chin.
- Brow Lift-This procedure reduces the wrinkle lines that appears on the forehead.
- Eyelid Surgery or Blepharoplasty-It reduces bagginess from lower eyelids and removes excess skin from the upper ones.
- Facial Contouring- Gives definition to your cheek bones with a surgical procedure.
- Face-lift-It removes the excess facial skin to restore the youthful appearance of the skin.
- Facial Fillers-It rejuvenates facial skin by eliminating wrinkles via injections.
- Wrinkles on Facial Skin-Removes creases and wrinkles on the facial skin by methods such as microdermabrasion and so on.
- Laser Hair Removal- Removes unwanted hair from various parts of the body and face, with the help of lasers.
- Laser Resurfacing-This is a procedure which removes facial wrinkles and skin irregularities.
- Neck Lift and Neck Liposuction- It removes visible signs of aging from the neck and jawline.
- Otoplasty (Alterations of the Ears)-It improves the shape, position and proportion of the ear.
- Rhinoplasty (Alterations of the Nose) – It changes the shape of the nose.
- Skin Problems- It removes skin problems like blemishes, spider veins, scar revisions and includes tattoo removal.
- Wrinkle Treatment- This procedure removes or reduces the appearance of wrinkles on several parts of the body.
- Abdominoplasty or (Tummy Tuck)-This procedure helps tighten the abdomen and make it firmer.
- Arm Lift/Brachiplasty- This procedure helps remove excess skin, in the arms that droop downwards.
- Body Liposuction- This procedure breaks up and extracts fat from various parts of the body.
- Breast Augmentation-This procedure, also known as Augmentation mammoplasty, increases the shape, fullness, and size of the breasts.
- Breast Lift-This procedure raises the breast and tightens the surrounding area.
- Breast Reduction-This procedure helps bring down the size of breasts to reduce discomfort levels.
- Buttock Lift (Belt Lipectomy) – This procedure helps tighten the buttock area and to reduce the sagging, dimpled and wrinkled appearance of the butts.
- Body Lift- This procedure helps tighten and tone the body after weight loss and more commonly now with bariatric surgery.
- Inner Thigh Lift- It is designed to tighten the sagging of the thighs and improve their appearance.
- Laser Hair Removal- This procedure helps remove unwanted hair and also inhibit future growth.
Those who want to go for cosmetic surgery must have realistic expectations about the results and must see to it that the following criteria are fulfilled,
- Must have a stable weight for the last six months to one year.
- Should not smoke.
- Discuss the surgery with your surgeon, to resolve your doubts.
The Advantages of Cosmetic Surgery
Cosmetic surgery covers a wide range of procedures. Each procedure has its fair share of advantages and disadvantages too. Among all the cosmetic surgeries, liposuction is the most popular. What works in its favor is that people can lose a substantial amount of body fat in a couple of hours.
As such, they may also feel good about themselves after the procedure and kickstart a healthier lifestyle. However, if you gain weight after the liposuction procedure, your skin might get affected, so it is imperative that you stick to a healthier lifestyle after the cosmetic procedure.
Facelifts are also one of the most popular cosmetic procedures. Doctors can make you look youthful and take about 10 or 20 years off your appearance if the facelift is done properly. Some of the chief advantages of cosmetic surgery are as follows,
- Cosmetic surgery can help improve your self-esteem- Improvements on your body can make you look good, and hence feel good as well. You now may be able to wear different kinds of clothes, which you never dared to wear!
- The extra weight is lost for good- Procedures like liposuction and a tummy tuck may help you lose weight permanently. Once you have lost the extra kilos, you may be motivated enough to maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight.
- It instills in you a confidence to explore new avenues- Once you have lost the extra weight, it might give you the chance to explore new avenues both professionally and personally.