Fat Transfer Is A Procedure To Take Fat From One Part Of The Body, Usually, The Abdomen, Hips, Thighs Or Buttocks And Transfer It To Another Part Of The Body, Usually The Breasts, Face, Or Buttocks, To Give Back Volume Where It Has Been Lost, Or To Add A Cup Size Or Two To The Breasts. It Is Also Ideal For Evening Up Lopsided Breasts. It Can Also Be Used To Correct Facial Scars And To Cosmetically Enhance The Lips. The Procedure Is Performed Under Local Anaesthetic And Takes About 1 Hour To Perform. Usually There Is Swelling And Brusing After For A Week Or So.
During the procedure, the area where the fat is harvested from is prepared in a similar way to performing liposuction. The fat is harvested using a special suction cannula so it is not damaged. The live fat cells are then injected in the either the breasts, buttocks, face or scarred areas using a very fine cannula to place tiny amounts of fat to form layers which restore volume and shape. Between 50% and 60% of the transferred fat survive. This means that at first there is a certain amount of overcorrection, which also contributes to some of the swelling following the procedure. Fat transfer is often performed in conjunction with other procedures such as a facetted.
WHAT CAN FAT INJECTIONS ACHIEVE?
Fat injections can be used in a variety of ways to improve the shape and contour of the breast, buttocks and other body regions.
- To augment breast volume, improve breast shape and cleavage
- To conceal visible wrinkling of breast implants
- To improve retracted breast scars after breast surgery for cancer
- To augment and shape the buttocks (Brazilian Butt Lift)
- To smooth contour irregularities that result from laser liposuction
- To smooth the back of the hands for a more youthful appearance
- To improve the quality and appearance of all types of scars (scar revision)
The main advantage of fat injection is that it is a 100% natural filler. The other advantage of fat is that there is usually an adequate supply of fat from regions of the abdomen, flanks and thighs. Fat injection procedures can be combined with a comprehensive body liposuction procedure for a complete cosmetic transformation.