Gynecomastia is a medical condition characterized by excess breast tissue. It can lead to embarrassment in a lot of males. The causes for it are fluctuations in hormones, certain side effects from medication, excessive weight gain and advancing age. In order to get rid of this medical condition, you must opt to go for gynecomastia surgery.
“To me, my chest looked huge – very similar to a female breast. If I wore a tight T-shirt, they’d poke out like women’s breasts, this caused a lot of embarrassment and teasing in college. My family doctor told me it was down to excess skin tissue which is why exercise didn’t work. Since having my surgery having a flat chest as everyone else has massively boosted my confidence and morale.” Vishwanath, 20
Benefits of Gynecomastia Surgery
- Boosts Your Confidence and Self-Esteem: You need to understand that lifestyle changes, such as diet and exercise, cannot instantly cure gynecomastia. In a lot of cases, only gynecomastia surgery treatment can give them the chance to have flat chests. This would result in a boost in self-esteem. After the surgery, you can wear tight-fitting clothes, and not feel shy in social situations because of low self-esteem.
- Helps Develop a More Masculine Figure: It is apparent that men suffering from gynecomastia believe that their body form is not consistent with their sex. To deal with such issues, gynecomastia surgery is the best solution. It helps to eliminate excessive fatty tissues from the breast. After the gynecomastia surgery procedure, the result derived is a more sculpted physical appearance. Men undergoing male breast reduction surgery will get rid of the insecurities they used to struggle with previously.
- Helps Participate in the Physical Activities: It is a no-brainer that excessive fatty tissue in the chest area can make physical exercises painful or challenging. And, as a matter of fact, unlike women, men cannot choose from a range of bras to support their breasts and prevent unwanted movement. Hence, the only possible solution is to lessen the excess tissue in their chest area. This will enable men to feel more secure and comfortable when it comes to engaging in physical activities.
- Improves Your Body Posture: The shape and size of the chest can have a significant impact on your posture. For example, excessive fat in the chest area can cause the upper spine to curve and become disfigured. And, with the passage of time, unwanted curvature in the spine can create a permanent hump. This may result in chronic back pain. Therefore, gynecomastia surgery would be beneficial to improve your body posture.
- Helps Slim Down to a Healthier Weight: It is not necessary that gynecomastia only affects those who are overweight. Although, men who suffer from this medical condition sometimes have difficulty maintaining healthy body weight. An excess amount of tissues in the chest can lead to some amount of pain and discomfort during exercise, and compression shirts may not necessarily provide enough comfort. Hence, gynecomastia surgery is recommended.
- Alleviate Back Pain: Men with gynecomastia disorder suffer from chronic back pain due to their medical condition. This is mostly observed in men with underdeveloped back muscles that cannot sustain the extra weight in their chest. Back pain can result in the upper spine developing an unnatural curve. This may contribute to permanent damage in the future. At the same time, it can also affect the buttock area and lower back. However, after breast reduction surgery, it will become easier to develop a good posture that can reverse the symptoms of back pain.
- Enjoy Wearing Different Clothes: It is true that loose-fitting clothes may hide the appearance of excessively large chests. But, men suffering from gynecomastia cannot wear them all the time, especially during formal settings. So, once you undergo gynecomastia surgery, you will be able to wear a variety of clothes that will make you look and feel better.
- Feel Comfortable During the Procedure: Gynecomastia surgery procedure can be performed on general anesthesia on an outpatient basis. Hence, you would not experience any soreness during the procedure. Additionally, you can sleep comfortably throughout the surgical procedure and go home immediately after assessing your post-surgery condition.
- Get Long-Lasting Results: The visible results of gynecomastia surgery will last for a long term. Once the fat cells and surplus tissue are eliminated from your chest, you can be assured they will not grow back easily. However, in order to maintain your surgery results, you must maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid accumulating too much fat.
Facts about Male Chest Reduction
As mentioned above, male breast reduction is the most effective known treatment for gynecomastia or enlarged male breasts. This well-known cosmetic surgery procedure is performed to remove the surplus fat and glandular tissue to restore a more masculine contour to the chest.
Due to various reasons such as genetics, consumption of certain medications, or other unspecified reasons, some men may develop enlarged breasts. According to the reports, about 50% of men might experience some degree of gynecomastia during their lifetime. Gynecomastia disease can occur at any age. And, you may note that the surgical procedure of male breast reduction can be performed safely and successfully on teenagers and adult men alike.
The Procedure for Gynecomastia Surgery
Gynecomastia surgery is performed by surgeons under general anesthesia, and the entire procedure usually takes about an hour or two to complete. It would depend to a vast degree on the amount of tissue to be removed. This surgery is very safe and involves only a few serious risks.
Serious medical problems following gynecomastia surgery procedures are rare. Below mentioned are some of the possible post – gynecomastia surgery problems:-
Gynecomastia Surgery Cost
The gynecomastia surgery cost in Hyderabad ranges from Rs 65,000 to Rs 95,000 depending on the amount of fat to be eliminated, sculpting needed, the technology used, and other expenses.
Is Chest Reduction Surgery Right For Me?
If you experience back, neck, and shoulder pain caused by the weight of your breasts then you must consider Chest Reduction Surgery. Breast reduction surgery involves rare complications such as infection, scarring, and loss of sensation in the nipples or breasts.
Get in touch to fix an appointment for gynecomastia surgery.