One gets pigmentation mark on the body when one ventures out in the sun. In fact, the more we age, the pigmentation marks also increase. Pigmentation marks are large areas of discoloration that one gets on the cheeks and forehead. It occurs when melanin, which is the pigment of the skin, form deposits on the skin.
Nowadays pigmentation is easily treatable and there are laser techniques or specialized Skin Pigmentation Treatment for the same, which can easily eliminate pigmentation marks. What is pigmentation? It is basically, the coloration of tissues or pigmentation disposition which may even lead to skin discoloration. Pigmentation marks lead to marks such as freckles, age spots, flat pigmented birthmarks, and melasma. Age spots are more commonly known as sunspots or lentigines. It is also known as freckles and melasma is known as the pregnancy mask or brown patches on face.
We already know that sun exposure is one of the causes of hyperpigmentation, there are other causes such as the excessive use of cosmetics, soaps, deodorants, and scents and so on which make your skin look uneven with pigmentation. Another common cause of pigmentation is repeated pregnancies. Pigmentation has long-term damaging effects so it is absolutely necessary to treat the affected area repeatedly through laser pigmentation removal. The case of hyperpigmentation arises when excess melanin is produced and your skin ends with darker spots. There are genetic disorders, general aging or injury to your skin which can also lead to hyperpigmentation. The specialized treatment protocol helps improve skin tone and increase collagen production.
There is a disruption in the melanin production as it is overstimulated or damaged due to sun damage, hormonal imbalance, genetics and/or skin irritation. This condition causes the cells to become largely affected and produce either too much melanin or too little. Too much melanin cause darker spots or too little melanin cause lighter spots. These unsightly marks can be reduced significantly with the help of dermatology treatments or skin pigmentation treatments.
Treatment Options for Hyperpigmentation
There are a number of options for hyperpigmentation and they can provide great results. You just have to know which treatment will suit you the best and for that, you need to seek out a reputed dermatologist in your city, and then you will be able to get the best advice on which treatment suits you the best.
- Microdermabrasion – The Microdermabrasion Treatment is a cosmetic procedure usually, performed in the office of your dermatologist. In this, fine crystals are sprayed on the skin to exfoliate away the upper-most layer of the skin and it helps to sand away the dark spots formed on the skin. The procedure generally takes about 20-30 mins to complete and after that, you can get back to your normal routine.
- Chemical peels- This is an intensive treatment which helps to erase off the brown spots with the help of an exfoliating action using alpha-hydroxy acid (glycolic acid) or beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) peels. A total of 4-6 peels is required to get rid of spots on your skin.
- Hyperpigmentation laser- This laser treatment provides an even skin tone. However, only an expert hand can conduct this treatment process properly, as it can damage your skin if not done the right way. Lasers are a unique light emitting devices which give off a single and very specific wavelength of light targeted to rule out specific skin problems. Certain lasers have the potentiality to remove brown spots, and these devices help break the dense melanin pigment which leads to discolorations.
- Intense Pulsed Light Photo Rejuvenation- This treatment is also known, as IPL treatment, in short, it can treat a combination of skin problems. It reduces the appearance of brown spots by half and to add to its benefits provide a youthful glow to your skin. An IPL machine emits a broad range of colors of light at the same time, to treat varied skin conditions that cover large areas. Filters, specifically help emit light in varied wavelengths. Varying wavelengths of light are used to target different layers of skin.
- Topical creams containing glutathione, arbutin, kojic acid, and hydroquinone – Skin lightening products containing glutathione, arbutin, kojic acid, and hydroquinone help reduce pigmentation, reduce blemishes, lighten discoloration and even skin tone.
It is found in a wide array of ointments, lotions, pills, and soaps. This ingredient is highly effective as it is packed with antioxidants and helps lighten the skin marks effectively. This ingredient is designed to help with tissue repair and regeneration.
Arbutin acts as an inhibitor of tyrosinase, a key enzyme that stimulates melanin (pigment) production. Once this ingredient is absorbed in the skin, enzymes in the body help in releasing hydroquinone.
Hydroquinone effectively decreases melanin in the skin. This ingredient is greatly effective for someone who wants to reduce freckles, dark spots, acne scars, and more. It reduces skin issues such as age spots, sun damage, Melasma, and other discolorations.
- Kojic acid
Kojic acid is derived from fermented mushrooms and inhibits the overproduction of melanin in the skin which is overly pigmented on some areas. It also has brightening properties that treat skin issues such as freckles and melasma.
Key Benefits of Pigmentation Treatment
A few of benefits of pigmentation treatment are as follows.
- The treatment imparts a radiant glow to the skin.
- It gives your skin a smooth appearance and reduces the pore size.
- It provides a dramatic improvement in skin hyperpigmentations.
- It treats melasma and help in controlling acne and Preventing Acne Marks.
- It is a safe and cost-effective procedure.
- It is a safe and comfortable treatment and helps you recover quickly.
- The pigmentation cosmetic treatment options can treat a small pigmented dot to large areas.
- Modern Techniques help boost collagen production and hinders the formation of scars.
With so many essential benefits of pigmentation treatment, it has proven to be one of the most effective ways to revamp your skin and give it a flawless and youthful look.