Are you tired of that excess fat hanging around your stomach? If yes, then you are probably considering going for a tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty. This option to remove excess belly fat has become a common approach for many people, but there are certain things that you need to know before you opt for a tummy tuck surgery. One of the most important things to always remember is that you are not one of the models shown in the clinic ads, so the person who has undergone a tummy tuck surgery in the past may have a different body type, health condition, and so on. However, if you want to get efficient results, here are certain tips that you need to consider before going in for this option.
Tips to consider before tummy tuck abdominoplasty
- If you are a working professional it is important to take plenty of time off your work and other such activities so that you can fully recover from the surgery. On the other hand, if you have small children at home, it is better to take the needed help during this time.
- The actual procedure of tummy tuck surgery may seem to to be very easy and less time-consuming. However, you will need to rely on others at least for the first few days. During the first few days after surgery, you will need help in getting dressed, getting out and into bed, and so on. In order to get good help during this time, it is best to prepare for this well in advance.
- Be prepared to feel tired for weeks. For some people, it has been a common experience to feel tired for several weeks. The patients feel that their body has physically recovered but at the same time they still feel tired and a loss of stamina. So be sure to plan post-operative time well and get ready for plenty of rest.
- It is good to take suggestions from a nutritionist as well, because during the initial phase you will need to eat good and healthy food.
- The tummy tuck surgery may cause a little bit of trauma to the sensory nerves in the surgery site and your entire tummy may feel numb. In some patients, this may even last for several months. However, there is no need to worry, because these will naturally heal.
- After the surgery, you will need to have the surgical drains at least for 5-7 days . These will need to be emptied time to time, and you will also not be able to take a bath during this time because the dressings should not get wet.
- Be ready to not be able to drive at least for a week. There are several reasons for this, and so you need to make sure that you plan accordingly.
The above-mentioned are just some of the practical tips you need to be aware of before the abdominoplasty. Following up with these tips will help you prepare your mind well for the surgery, and it will also help in a quick recovery.