Surgical methods to change the shape of your abdomen are becoming more and more common nowadays, and the best part is most of these cosmetic procedures are very successful. But if you really want to go for a surgical procedure to improve your looks, you must be careful in choosing exactly the right procedure which should suit you to the t. Are you trying to make your abdomen shapely? Or are you trying to get rid of the unsightly fat from a various part of the body? Also, you should brace yourself about the implications of invasive tummy tuck surgery in Hyderabad, or any other city in India.
Plastic surgeries are no longer looked at with fear and skepticism, it has come a long way, and more and more people are embracing plastic surgery to look good and feel great as well. Cosmetic surgery can help you to get that perfect body which has seemed elusive till now. But is plastic surgery especially tummy tuck surgery only about pros? Or does it have some cons too? It is important to know about the same as it will help you to prepare for the tummy tuck procedure.
If you have just, had an abdominoplasty surgery and wondering how long will it take for you to be up and about and get back to your regular routine? Consider employing the following tips to jump-start the process of your road to recovery.
Are you tired of looking at the extra flab around your waist and losing confidence because of it? None of us are born with a perfect physique and shape. We all have certain physical flaws, which we either accept or try to transform with the help of exercise, diets or cosmetic surgery. A tummy tuck surgery is a surgical procedure which cuts out the excess fat or inches around the waist and grants us the figure of our choice. Lots of men and women opt for a tummy tuck surgery to add grace to their looks, fit into desirable clothes, grab a coveted position or clinch a prestigious role in a film. All this is possible if you decide to go for a tummy tuck surgery when required.
What Can A Tummy Tuck Surgery Do?
Tummy tuck or abdominoplasty is an extensive surgical procedure which flattens the tummy by giving it a sculpted and firm look, boosting your confidence and improving your external appearance. A tummy tuck can also remove stretch marks, making your tummy look seamlessly beautiful. It gives back the lost vigor and charm you wished to retain. There comes a point in your life when you realize that even after going through a rigorous fitness regime and following all diet plans, you still have few inches of flab clinging on to you.
When to Consider a Tummy Tuck Surgery-
You are fit for a tummy tuck surgery when-
- You still have a tire of stubborn flab around your waist which fails to disappear through diet and exercise.
- After pregnancy, you’re unable to retain your good old physique and have ill-seated stretch marks.
- You feel you’re losing your self-esteem due to strappy waist contours.
- Age rips apart the elastic contours of your waistline and your posture is droopy.
If you’re naturally slender in build and are free from any chronic diseases, then you are an ideal candidate for a tummy tuck surgery. If you have a significant amount of weight around your waist, then you might have to lose weight before going under the knife. Consider the pros and cons of the surgery taking into account how your health will be impacted before and after the tummy tuck surgery.
What Happens During Tummy Tuck Surgery?
The surgeon will mark your abdomen at the point of incision and the location of navel repositioning.
The patient is injected with local anesthesia and epinephrine to control excessive bleeding.
The surgeon will make an incision from your abdominal wall to your ribcage and tighten it with sutures.
The surgeon will remove excess fat from the abdomen and then close the incision with the help of sutures, staples, clips or steri- strips.
In a full abdominoplasty, the surgeon will often insert one or more drain pumps to remove excess fluids, which can cause pressure on the incision.
In a full abdominoplasty, the incision is either a V-cut or U-cut, so that the scar can be hidden under clothes. Your surgeon will decide the length and shape of the incision based on your choices and can make further corrections if needed.
With a mini-tummy tuck, the surgeon keeps the incision as low as possible; so that it can be hidden in the pubic bone area and no incisions are made on the navel.
The ultimate goal of your experienced cosmetic surgeon is to give you the desired results and groom you to look your best, with minimum risk and maximum comfort level.
Tips to help you Recover Faster from a Tummy Tuck Surgery
This is major surgery and it takes time to ease into your daily life, but if you follow the doctor’s instructions and be more mindful of your recovery routine, you will be back to your normal life in no time, of course with a tighter and trimmer tummy! Most doctors give a six weeks tummy tuck surgery recovery timeline to get back to work and exercise, in other words, their daily routine life.
- Follow your doctor’s advice- Reduce your chances of complications from a tummy tuck cosmetic surgery by following the doctor’s advice to the tee! Postoperative instructions are there for a reason, to protect you and also ensure a good cosmetic outcome so, it goes without saying that you need to follow a specific set of instructions to get back on track quickly.
- Arrange for a helping hand-You need a helping hand to move around and perform small simple tasks. For two days you may not be able to stand straight let alone move around, so get help for the first couple of days so that you don’t overtire yourself and recover quickly.
- Get some rest –Adequate rest is very important to try and get as much as rest as possible, Get in 2-3 pillows behind your head and a pillow under your knees. This will give your body the rest it needs, to recover fully.
- Eat nutritious food- Eating right accelerates your healing process. Make sure you add the right kind of foods, like dark leafy greens with pineapple and other vitamin-C rich foods which will nourish your body and help to heal faster. Also, avoid foods such as cabbage and beans which might cause flatulence and bloating issues. Avoid snacking on salty foods too, also remember to stay hydrated.
- Quit smoking- Wound healing is severely compromised when you smoke as the surgery- caused severed blood vessels can suddenly close and cause detrimental effects. It is absolutely imperative that patients quit smoking for at least 4 to 6 weeks before the surgery so it does not affect their recovery.
- Keep the circulation going-Gentle walking is crucial, for recovery after surgery for a tummy tuck as it reduces the risk of blood clot formation. It coerces up your body to the road to recovery and keeps the tissues relaxed and soft. It also helps to subside the swelling. But you should not do, too much too soon, as it might cause more harm to your body than good.
You also need to avoid heavy lifting and strenuous activity and allow yourself enough time to get the required amount of sleep and rest.
- Do not rush things- You need to take time off from work for at least two weeks. Yes, you need that two weeks of rest after surgery as you will be too tired and sore if you return to work too early. You need to avoid causing needless tension to the wound and delay wound healing.
Now that you know the various ways to speed up healing, make sure you follow the same to recover from the surgery and come back stronger and fitter than before with a trim tummy to boot!